Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814484 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #810 on: May 07, 2018, 04:53:47 AM »
Yes , I've still got it,  I just have to be very precise ( who gave me that advice ?) when inputting the url's
G'day Les
Thought I'd give it a whirl & see just how difficult it is!
How Tricky Can It Be?
Can't see what all the fuss is about!  What took you so long? >:D
Mind how you go
Penx
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 07, 2018, 05:01:47 AM »

Today: How to translate New Zealand speak

Enjoy!!

Evening Jack
I did enjoy - very much!  Very funny & informative.  Quite a few of the slang expressions are used over here.
Was wondering where Gromit has got to?  Is he the only Kiwi on the forum?
Ciao!
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 07, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »
Evening Jack
Was wondering where Gromit has got to?  Is he the only Kiwi on the forum?
Ciao!

How are you going, Pen

Oops, I think Gromit might look more like

than this

The other NZers that I have been able to identify that are currently active are Bobbi and Tania.

I really loved your "Good Call" sketch.  I must have missed it when I was looking into those others you put me onto.

I have been watching the Golf Sixes  at the Centurion Club, St Albans, and the weather looked absolutely gorgeous.  You can’t be too far away from there, so I hope you had the same weather over the weekend.

Auf Wiedersehen
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:04:27 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #813 on: May 07, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »
Yes , I've still got it,  I just have to be very precise ( who gave me that advice ?) when inputting the url's
G'day Les
Thought I'd give it a whirl & see just how difficult it is!
How Tricky Can It Be?
Can't see what all the fuss is about!  What took you so long? >:D
Mind how you go
Penx

Wow Pen, I really am impressed, good on you, I guess that maybe I am the one who needs to try & keep up & " Must pay more attention! "

And how impressive is Ozzyjack, he must spend hours researching some of his posts & they always provide plenty of laughs!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:57:59 PM by Les303 »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 07, 2018, 04:25:08 PM »

And how impressive is Ozzyjack, he must spend hours researching some of his posts & they always provide plenty of laughs!!!

Well, Les, you have learnt another lesson in influencing people - "Flattery will get you everywhere" :D :) ;)

The one that is hard to learn is that "Sincerity will win the day" and when you learn to fake sincerity you've got the game skun. >:D :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:38:08 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #815 on: May 07, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »
You won't get any false flattery from me, i'll give you my sincere opinion every time ( except when I am being sarcastic  or trying to be funny).

I am sure that our pseudo girlfriend would agree as she always speaks her mind & has a very subtle manner when it comes to dis-agreeing with or criticising a post.

At the end of the day, if you can't cop & give a bit of rubbish with your mates, then they are not true friends.

Pen, grommit has never been a prolific poster but like you i am a little concerned about her current silence especially considering the current topic, hope that she is ok.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:40:09 PM by Les303 »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 07, 2018, 09:04:30 PM »

How are you going, Pen

Oops, I think Gromit might look more like

I have been watching the Golf Sixes  at the Centurion Club, St Albans, and the weather looked absolutely gorgeous.  You can’t be too far away from there, so I hope you had the same weather over the weekend.

Hi Jack
I was doing just fine until I committed that faux pas :-[  I know that Gromit is a lady so I don't know what on earth possessed me to type "he".
Think I'll emigrate to South America with a change of identity!
Weather here has been scorching for a few days.  Wall to wall sunshine & temperature pushing 80f. When I went out yesterday late afternoon all I could smell was barbies! St Albans is an old Roman town.  Nice place with a few ruins! It's about 30 miles from here. Hope you're enjoying the golf.
Sadly I'm stuck at work today :(
Arrivederci
Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »

G'day Les
Jack is very impressive.  It's good that you tell him so that he knows we appreciate his efforts.
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 07, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »
You won't get any false flattery from me, I’ll give you my sincere opinion every time (except when I am being sarcastic or trying to be funny).

Les, how do we know when you are being sarcastic, ironic , or trying to be funny?  You keep such a straight face and you won’t give us a clue by using emoticons.  I have gone back and amended my last post to indicate that I was trying to be funny.

Quote from:  Les confusing me
I am sure that our pseudo girlfriend would agree as she always speaks her mind & has a very subtle manner when it comes to dis-agreeing with or criticising a post.

I am confused by three things
  • What you mean by pseudo?: Is it one of these google definitions
  • What do you mean by girlfriend?  I have a friend, she is a woman, a very fine woman but this is a girlfriend
  • What would she agree with?  That you are a genuine honourable person and mean what you say when you are not being sarcastic or trying to be funny.  It is not contested, even I would agree.

Quote from: Les stating the obvious
At the end of the day, if you can't cop & give a bit of rubbish with your mates, then they are not true friends.
Even at the start of the day, I agree with you.  I think, I might have said so a few days ago that you would be a dick to think differently.  Was there something on your mind that caused you to restate it?

In summary, Les, if I have got up your nose with a bit of rubbish, I am not going to apologise because of the rule you have just stated, if you are a mate , you will cop it.

In the sober light of day, she’ll be right. mate.  No worries;
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 07, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »
Pen, Gromit has never been a prolific poster but like you I am a little concerned about her current silence especially considering the current topic, hope that she is ok.

Les and Pen,

I can’t tell you if Gromit is OK but there is no reason to believe she isn’t. 

When I get onto the forum, I generally look to see who is online with me.  Quite often Gromit is on at the same time.  She was last on just before 6 O’clock tonight.

What explains her silence? Perhaps like Yelnats, 2dognight, Blackrockrose and our other friends, unlike Les and I, they have been observing the following dictum –

“When you have nothing to say, say nothing.”
– Winston Churchill
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »
Wall to wall sunshine & temperature pushing 80f. When I went out yesterday late afternoon all I could smell was barbies! St Albans is an old Roman town.  Nice place with a few ruins! It's about 30 miles from here. Hope you're enjoying the golf.
Sadly I'm stuck at work today :(
Arrivederci
Pen

27oC - I suppose everyone is running around in their swimmers. >:D

I hope you are getting double time working on a Bank Holiday.

The sixes format is an interesting experiment to get more people involved in golf.  Same principle as 20-over cricket.  Very enjoyable.  About the only time men and women play together, in a golf tournament, that is.

Hasta mañana
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 08, 2018, 04:19:49 AM »

27oC - I suppose everyone is running around in their swimmers. >:D

I hope you are getting double time working on a Bank Holiday.

Evening Jack
No swimmers thank heavens >:D  I've seen some exceedingly dodgy expanses of white skin :o  Particularly men in shorts with white legs & socks with their sandals  :-R  Weather's due to change the day after tomorrow so we will resume normal spring weather here with showers & temperatures of about 16c. 
We don't get paid double time at all :(  I think it's time & two thirds for a bank holiday.  By the time the tax & National Insurance has been taken out it's not that great.
Sayonara
Pen

Les303

« Reply #822 on: May 08, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »
" Les, how do we know when you are being sarcastic, ironic , or trying to be funny?  You keep such a straight face and you won’t give us a clue by using emoticons.  I have gone back and amended my last post to indicate that I was trying to be funny. "

I would have thought that it should generally be quite obvious when I am being  sarcastic, ironic , or just  trying to be funny however if there is the slightest hesitation from the reader ( is this clown actually being serious? ) then that just adds to the amusement or at least to my amusement.

" I am confused by three things
What you mean by pseudo?: Is it one of these google definitions
What do you mean by girlfriend?  I have a friend, she is a woman, a very fine woman but this is a girlfriend
What would she agree with?  That you are a genuine honourable person and mean what you say when you are not being sarcastic or trying to be funny.  It is not contested, even I would agree."

By pseudo, I mean sham, for quite a while now, Penny & I have been flirting outrageously with eachother, for our own amusement & although at times we carried on like a couple of love struck teenagers, it was always in jest & never taken seriously although I always had the thought in the back of my mind, who knows what this harmless flirting could lead to.
Then Karen came into my life which I immediately revealed to Penny & as you would expect from such a gracious lady, her first response was to wish me all the best.
I fully intend to continue my flirtatious banter with Pen who will always be the first girl , lady , special friend that I have met on the internet.

" What would she agree with? "

I'll let Pen answer that one.

In summary, Les, if I have got up your nose with a bit of rubbish, I am not going to apologise because of the rule you have just stated, if you are a mate , you will cop it.

Jack,
The last thing that I expected or was looking for from you was an apology, i'm quite prepared to cop a bit of flak but be assured, i'll quickly give it back.

Penny & i just connected, to her, i found it was very easy to relate.
Jack, i think i have the same connection with you, a genuine mate.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:19:59 PM by Les303 »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 08, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

Les paid me a complement and I handled it badly. According to this article it is a common Aussie trait, but that is no excuse and, Les, for my ineptness, I do apologise.

I tried to handle it with humour and this fell flat and obviously upset Les.  His reply didn't sit well with me and the rest is history. But the good news is

Quote from:  Les has said

Jack, I think I have the same connection with you, a genuine mate.

So, all good.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 08, 2018, 10:27:59 PM »
I've seen some exceedingly dodgy expanses of white skin :o  Particularly men in shorts with white legs & socks with their sandals  :-R

Pen, I’ll let the first sentence go through to the keeper.  But the second sentence shocks me.  When I was a boy, wearing socks with sandals was a hanging offence.  But now the young folk are declaring the practice to be the height of fashion. The place is going to the dogs – which wouldn’t be too bad if the dogs were Border Collies.

I came across an article on Australian Humour which has some interesting insights which you might appreciate.

And one for the road –   Great Aussie Joke  No19

Shalom
Regards, Jack