Author Topic: A striking statistic (that I've just spoiled)  (Read 1541 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
A striking statistic (that I've just spoiled)
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:10:30 PM »
I just happened to notice that the forum has had 55555 posts over its years of existence:

(I've spoiled it because, now that I've posted about it, that number will be 55556.)
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Les303

Re: A striking statistic (that I've just spoiled)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »
Make that 55557 , would love to hear from the mathematicians out there about the odds of those numbers coming up in relation to the age of the site etc.. & can anyone possibly predict when 66666 might come up? ( For some reason , I have a terrible feeling that might be a bad year )
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:40:56 PM by Les303 »

Les303

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:01 PM »
Alan ,

I attempted to reply to Jack's post in the " plurals thread " by simply posting the "bemused cow picture " without any text , however it did not work & would not allow me to modify or cancel that post.

Then , when I replied to your post about that incredible statistic , the picture popped up in that post.
Could you please explain why this would happen.

Thanks Les

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »
Les, if you try to post a reply with nothing in the message box you will get an error: "The message body was left empty." It should appear in red above the Subject line. You might be able to get around that by putting a few spaces in the message body. I haven't tried that.

It seems that if you attach something to a post, but don't succeed in sending that post, the attachment will be linked to the next post you create. If you look down the bottom before you hit the Post button, you'll see a heading "Attached:" Just untick the box next to the filename of the image.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Les303

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »
Thanks Alan ,

As usual , and this is what I find most frustrating with computers , the explanation or solution is invariably very simple.
Because of my rapidly failing eyesight , I have my screen blown up to 150% which means that I often miss a lot of prompts at the top or bottom of the screen not to mention my endless spelling & grammar errors.

I should actually ask HOD or MK for an official " Please excuse note. "

Just the other day I received a very important document via email that required signing & sending back immediately....panic stations ... how in the hell am I supposed to do this ???
Fortunately , I was at work where I was able to ask a young co-worker , how on earth do you perform such a complicated task.
As I thanked her for her help in showing me how to scan a document to my email , I walked away feeling very embarrassed & red faced as it was so bloody simple once you knew how to do it.

A short time later we bumped into each other as we were both making coffees in the office kitchen.
Obviously picking up on my embarrassment , this sweet young girl said to me ;
" You know it's funny Les , I just had to show my mother the same thing last week but I had to go over it about six times before she understood so I think that you did pretty well to pick it up straight away & don't even get me started on my father as I am still trying to teach him how to send a  simple text message."